Wednesday 19 August 2015

Q-Con XXII Poster


OK, OK, last Q-Con related post for now, I promise! I've been crazy busy lately and so am only getting around to uploading these all at once! Anyway, as you all know, I like to create a poster for every con that I attend, to help commemorate it in some way. For this latest one, I settled on a very minimalist style. I chose to represent my three cosplays in their most basic way, with only the respective tops and bottoms being shown in a flat, vector style. I also decided against showing any props, to help the piece not look overcrowded.

Initially, I attempted to put them on a clothes line, showing the costumes in a more 'natural environment' but it just looked stiff and awkward, so I went for a straight up and down layout instead. The Croft costume emphasises how short the shorts were, the Ventura one shows how oversized his shirt is and the Williams one shows the intentional damage to the shirt! Therefore, the three iconic parts of the actual costumes is displayed in a concise, visually appealing manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment