Sunday 24 May 2015

Game of Thrones Dragon Eggs










These were made back in November, December, January time for a fellow cosplayer's birthday! I'll not embarrass her here by saying her name, but she's the biggest Game of Thrones fan that I know! I have been editing the photos on and off since then, but have finally narrowed it down to 10 that really show off all the necessary details. The large basket was a hamper one that I bought online. I then wrapped some twine around it to add to the outer decoration and threaded some ribbon through the slats to hold it all in place. The Targaryen House Emblem was traced, then cut out and also stuck down across a ribbon weaved design on top of the basket. The eggs themselves are simply polystyrene ones, with every scale cut out individually and held in place as the PVA glue dried in. The sheet inside is simply a table cloth bent and creased to hold the eggs in place. Just to finish it all, I typed up 
Daenerys Targaryen's full title from the series, but with my friend's name instead. This is only the third prop I have ever made and I am really happy with how it turned out! The silver egg is still pretty rubbish to me, but it was very well received by who it was made for!

No comments:

Post a Comment