Thursday 7 November 2013

Mokujin

The Wooden Master of Mimicry himself: Mokujin! This guy was one of my favourites all the way back since Tekken 3. His quirky, yet simplistic design, coupled with his ability to entertain without words just always seemed to click with me. For this character, I added simple log shapes and altered the gradient effect on each. I then started attempting to add more detail and texture to the wood and metal that make the character up. However, I found that I liked the simplistic, almost 'children's storybook' style that I had created. Because of this, I kept it simple, added some more details like the concentric rings on the ends of the logs and the quick 'foresty' background. This was also my fastest entry in Project: Tekken so far. Yet also the one I have rambled on about the most. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment