Friday 5 November 2010

Paper Rainbow...Literally. (Part 1)




Ok, so I'm not sure where these are going (if anywhere.) But the name of our group 'Paper Rainbow' got me thinking of ways of visualising that name. I had went out to The Paper Mill Shop a few weeks ago and collected pieces of card and paper of every colour available, including all seven colours in the rainbow spectrum. Placing these aagainst white and black backgrounds on my kitchen table, which also gives a nice reflection on its surface, I set fourteen pages (two of every colour) up in creative and visually striking ways. Then, shining a light on them, I experimented with composition and scale, leaving negative space for text. Using the same fonts used in our group's brand name, I began coming up with possible slogans that related either to our name, or our theme. I was thinking of maybe using some of these designs for flyers to promote our event, or as a sort of postcard at the actual exhibition. I have only shown six examples here, but took over one hundred photographs, the majority of which could be adapted into further designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment